One of my favourite health books is the very quick + amusing read Food Rules. It's a small, thin paperback that's full of practical ways to create a healthier lifestyle. I like it so much that I put it in my husband's stocking last Christmas... and then read it before he did.
These are some of my favourite "rules" (and by saying they're my favourite, I am in no way implying that I always follow them!):
- Serve a proper portion and don't go back for seconds.
- Pay more, eat less.
- Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.
- Don't eat breakfast cereals that change the colour of the milk.
- Eat only foods that have been cooked by humans.
- Eat only foods that will eventually rot.
Do you have any favourite food rules? Have you read any other Michael Pollan books?