Now that my baby is ONE, I thought I'd compile a short list of my favourite baby items. I decided to share these items based on their quality and because my baby got a lot of use out of them.
1. Alma Mini Crib by Bloom. If you know me, you've heard me say this was the best thing we bought. The mini crib is smaller than a cot, but my baby should be able to enjoy it for up to 18 months. The crib sits on four wheels, moves in and out of doorways, and is pretty to look at too. A miracle worker if you don't have a lot of space.
2. Aden + Anais swaddle blankets. I swaddled my baby in these from the newborn days, and still use them when we are out and about for anything and everything. Soft, light, sweet.
3. Sleeping bag. Once my baby fought the swaddle, he graduated to these sleeping bags. They are the best for keeping babies cosy. I really like the GAP Baby line of sleeping bags. No cold winter nights for him.
4. Seraphine Nursing Shawl. If you're breastfeeding, this is the best shawl. I used it for breastfeeding, as a scarf, a baby blanket, and to black out the daylight while I was pushing my baby around town during naptime. You'll probably see me wearing it as a scarf again this winter too.
5. Baby Photographer. Capture your baby in his first week. It goes so quick! One of the most precious times to look back on. (More baby photos here too.)
6. H&M baby trousers. I love these inexpensive, soft cotton baby trousers.
7. Petit Bateau newborn onesies. It just felt gooood to put these on my baby... I love the way they snap, tie and fit on him.
8. Baby Bjorn Babysitter Balance. I've had different bouncers and this is by far my favourite. My baby would just kick his legs and gently move up and down. He loved it! It also folds compactly for easy storage afterwards. Another great feature is the machine washable fabric. Lifesaver.
9. Ergo. If you like wearing your baby and don't want to kill your back, the Ergo is the one. I go in baby-carrying phases, and I like this one best.
So those are my top picks for the last year with my baby. What do you swear by when it comes to life with a baby?